Welcome to the website of the
Maine Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
For membership information, call our Executive Director Jennifer Lechner, 207-865-1457 or
MACDL Purposes and Objectives
- To promote the study and research in the field of criminal defense law and related areas.
- To disseminate and advance by lecture, seminars and publications the knowledge of the law relating to criminal defense practice.
- To promote the proper administration of justice.
- To foster, maintain and encourage the integrity, independence and expertise of the defense lawyer in criminal cases.
- To foster periodic meetings of defense lawyers and to provide a forum for the exchange of information regarding the administration of criminal justice, and thereby:
- To protect individual rights and improve the criminal law, its practices and procedures.